The Final Whistle - 31 October 2020

By Maurice Galley

First point for Glaxo Rangers

Barnard Castle Glaxo Rangers climbed off the bottom of division one after picking up their first point with a 3-3 draw at Evenwood Town. It was a third consecutive draw for Evenwood who remain unbeaten in the league. Their goals came courtesy of Will Preston, Ashley Murphy and Liam Blighe with Sam Hicks, Jamie McDougall and Jack Walker earning Glaxo a share of the spoils.
The match between Shildon Railway and Middlestone Moor Masons Arms was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Wolsingham maintained their one hundred per cent record in division two with a 3-2 victory over Crook Wanderers. It was a good win for Wolsingham who had a man sent off after just five minutes. Michael Stothart, Leon Hopps and Jake McKellar netted for the dales side with Raisebeck and Ellison the Wanderers marksmen.
Stanhope SSC are through to the last eight of the Norman Wright trophy after a 3-0 victory over Catchgate. Ian Peadon put Stanhope ahead after 2 minutes and David O’Neill headed a second on the stroke of half time. Charlie Sanderson completed the score sheet in the second half before Catchgate had a man sent off. There was praise for Catchgate though from Clem. “All credit to them they gave a gutsy performance and never gave up”
Heighington are also through to the last eight after beating Ferryhill 4-3 in a penalty shoot out. It had finished 3-3 after ninety minutes with Kyke Allen, Ryan Mercer and an own goal making up the Heighington tally. Tom Olley, Shane Todd and David Gibson replied for Ferryhill.
Former winners Willington WMC progressed in the Weardale Charity Cup with an 8-2 win at Langley Moor Station. Liam Graham and Adam Marshall were on target for Langley Moor but Willington go through courtesy of Stephen Mason (2), Kenny Wilks (2), Graham Lazonby, Jamie Mason, Danny Lee and Matthew Littlefair.

The Frank Hudson Transport Crook & District League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.